Happy Friday!!! Believe it or not I’m sick:( so i felt there was no better time to share my homemade creamy, chicken and rice soup recipe. It’s hardy, its soothing and just down right delicious. I love this recipe because you can alter or add as you go. It’s up to you what veggies and base you’ll use, but I’ll give you a quick, easy way to make this soup when you or someone you care about is feeling blue.
What you’ll need! (I altered the soup for myself, no chicken and I used veggie stock and cream of celery! This can also be creamy vegetable soup for vegetarians!)
3 cups chopped chicken
1 1/2 cups rice
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup chopped celery
2 cups water
2 cans chicken stock or vegetable stock
2 cans of cream of chicken or celery
4 cups of milk
- Season and cook chicken.
- Cook and drain rice.
- Boil your water, chicken stock or vegetable stock, and milk in a large pot.
- Add the diced vegetables, stirring slowly.
- Let the veggies cook until tender. Stirring with your soup spoon periodically until cooked.
- Add the cooked rice and cooked chicken to the broth and veggies. Stir in.
- Add the two cans of cream of celery.
- Stir all the ingredients until it has a creamy, soup consistency.
- Season to your liking.
Hey…this should make you, or that special someone feel better!!!!
Seasoned to perfection!
Yummy sourdough bread to soak up the soup!!!
This soups makes you want seconds!!!
Let me know if you try this warm, tasty soup!
Message me and subscribe if you enjoyed this post!!!
Love ya, Muah!