Happy Friday my little health nuts! Today I wanted to share 10 benefits and a few fun facts of the Almighty Avocado! Almighty Avocado, You ask? Yes, it’s almighty because this fruit packs so much nutrition & more!!!
Here’s your 10 benefits!!!
- The avocado helps lower cholesterol; when eaten regularly avocado’s lower the body’s levels of unhealthy HDL cholesterol and also helps increase the levels of healthy HDL cholesterol. (HDL-high density lipoprotein)
- The avocado is a cure for bad breath, it’s a natural mouthwash!
- The avocado has anti-aging properties because it is rich in antioxidants.
- The avocado supports a healthy nervous system.
- The avocado regulates blood sugar which is great for individuals with diabetes!
- The monounsaturated fats in the avocado improves heart health, (which is beneficial in decreasing chances of heart disease and stroke.)
- Avocado’s improve eye health.
- The avocado is a great cleanse for skin, it is filled with vitamin A which helps with the clearing of dead skin cells (it also relieves dry skin.)
- One serving of avocado can give you the nutrients of 11 different vitamins!
- The oil in the avocado helps moisturize the scalp! It deep conditions and gives hair a shiny sheen!
Did you Know??!!
~The avocado is also known as the alligator pear, because of its green color, rough alligator skin and its shape!
~There are 80 yes 80 varieties of the avocado!! (according to WebMD)
~They are baby friendly, they are great to feed babies because they can be easily mashed and offers so many nutritional benefits!
~They are a great substitute for butter…spread avocado over bread during dinner and increase your nutrients for the day!
~You know avocados are ready to eat when they are brown and feel a little heavy!
~To keep avocados from turning brown after they have been cut, squeeze a little lemon juice over and store in a tight container!
I hope I left you with the desire to go get some avocado’s and add them to your diet!
Have a ALMIGHTY Friday!
Message me and subscribe if you enjoyed this post!!!